Welcome to my blog where I can share my journey with you! I am a Licensed Parelli Professional Two Star Junior Instructor. Here you can read about my experiences with Parelli Natural Horsemanship, my personal horsemanship journey, and my journey with being a Parelli Instructor. I hope to inspire and empower you with my quest for never ending self improvement. I have been studying Parelli for 11 years and am an official Level 3 graduate. I am studying Level 4 with my two horses, Max and Savannah. I grew up riding horses the traditional way and was in the United States Pony Club for 12 years, where I competed in Eventing and Dressage. My first introduction to Parelli was with my pony, who at the time was not a problem horse. I've had my andalusian mare, Savannah for 7 years now and after 2 years of struggling with her while not using Parelli methods, I knew I had to change something. I have been doing Parelli with her for the past 5 years and graduated Level 3 with her fall 2010. In the Spring of 2010 I received Max from Kelly Sigler. I owe it to my two amazing horses, as I would not be where I am now without them, they are my greatest teachers. The journey so far with Parelli has been fun, fulfilling, challenging, and life changing.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Amazing Ride!!!

Such a good ride today!!!! Started off with follow the rail at walk and trot in the big arena. Adding in circles when he started to get impulsive. He was SO much better today!! Then we went into a round pen and did some cantering. The pasture near the round pens has cows in it and they were right on the fence line today, Max thought they were very interesting. In the round pen I cantered him both directions looking for relaxation, then trotting until he relaxed. Sometimes it took a few reminders to slow down, and other times he slowed down right away.Then we walked for awhile until he calmed his mind down and started thinking about walk rather than trying to canter. Once he was thinking walk, we went back to cantering. Did some walk to canter to halt transitions. He is really starting to understand that when I relax and exhale he needs to stop. His back up is also SO much better! Backing up from a phase one with no reins. Then we went into the playground and trotted around some obstacles and around another round pen on the outside. This was the first time I really trotted him out in the open. And he was so amazing! Just can’t believe how fast he is progressing! So exciting! It was so nice to ride in a natural performer, even on a warmblood! Loved how secure it felt.

It is just amazing how fast Max is learning everything! He is exceeding my expectations by far! I'm so glad to have brought both my horses, he is definitely the best horse for me to learn on.. instead of always having to worry about things when I'm on Savannah. On Max I can concentrate and LEARN!

1 comment: