Welcome to my blog where I can share my journey with you! I am a Licensed Parelli Professional Two Star Junior Instructor. Here you can read about my experiences with Parelli Natural Horsemanship, my personal horsemanship journey, and my journey with being a Parelli Instructor. I hope to inspire and empower you with my quest for never ending self improvement. I have been studying Parelli for 11 years and am an official Level 3 graduate. I am studying Level 4 with my two horses, Max and Savannah. I grew up riding horses the traditional way and was in the United States Pony Club for 12 years, where I competed in Eventing and Dressage. My first introduction to Parelli was with my pony, who at the time was not a problem horse. I've had my andalusian mare, Savannah for 7 years now and after 2 years of struggling with her while not using Parelli methods, I knew I had to change something. I have been doing Parelli with her for the past 5 years and graduated Level 3 with her fall 2010. In the Spring of 2010 I received Max from Kelly Sigler. I owe it to my two amazing horses, as I would not be where I am now without them, they are my greatest teachers. The journey so far with Parelli has been fun, fulfilling, challenging, and life changing.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Elements of Man

Linda's presentation on "The Element of Man" was today! It was GREAT! I learned so much and Linda was able to clear up many confusions I had. She talked about different personalities and how to approach them. The four main personalities are Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. Linda gave examples from what each personality will eat, how they wear their hair, face shape, what kind of car they would drive, and how they would react to situations. That is really all I can share with you about today, more is to come from Linda about this subject! How exciting!!

This week flew by so fast! It was packed full of information about becoming a Parelli Professional, the Parelli Program, the Parelli Foundation, and SO many other topics! Pat and Linda both gave quite a few presentations, and I was honored to be able to listen to what they had to tell us. The One Star group had an awesome Q and A with Linda on Thursday, which was AWESOME!!! Loved every minute of it.. it was fascinating. We discussed horsenalities, horsemanship, the game of contact, Linda's horses, and so much more!!

This week we also had a session with Linda on "Fix What Game First". She explained to us how to slow down with corrections in order to make the biggest difference. What one change will make the biggest difference? Instead of helping a student by making multiple changes, try and make one change that has the biggest impact and see how things flow afterwards. Always start with the big picture, don't be too picky about the little things. What will make the most important change for the student that they can reproduce? She gave us an example of this by having a volunteer pose while another volunteer tried to copy what they were doing. Then people would come up and make changes to make the two people as similar as possible in their positions. Then Linda had us do it with just one correction. We all split up into groups after to play around with this ourselves and experience it. Linda gave an amazing presentation!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post. Just wondering if you know how 'the rest of us' might be able to get learn about "The Elements of Man"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for reading my blog! You could search on the internet about The Elements of Man, there is a lot of information out there. Linda presented it in a way us horse people could understand easier, so I'm pretty sure she will be coming out with more information on the topic.

    ReplyDelete